Qatar's Assad Said Assad lifts to win the gold in the 105kg final, at the 3rd West Asian Games in Doha 04 December Iranian Ali Dehghaniyan won the silver medal while Iraq's Ammar Hussain won... Erstklassige Nachrichtenbilder in hoher Auflösung bei Getty Images
· Syria's Assad says Kurdish controlled northeast Syria must return to state authority Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Thursday that his government's ultimate goal was to restore state authority over Kurdish controlled areas in northeast Syria after an abrupt U.S. troop withdrawal but he expected it to happen gradually.. In a state television interview …
Regardless of who was responsible for the collapse of the original cease-fire and evacuation plan, the United Nations human rights chief said Assad's regime and his allies, Russia and Iran, almost certainly violated international law and probably committed war crimes by bombing civilians who were hoping to be evacuated from eastern Aleppo.
· Belgian writer and Syrian hostage Pierre Piccinin said Assad is not to blame for the Ghouta Chemical gas attack (RTL) A Belgian writer held hostage for five months in Syria has said that his own rebel captors denied that President Bashar …
· The sources said Assad has assured these insurgents safe passage to and from Iraq in an effort to prevent Islamic unrest in his country. Sheik Omar Bakri Mohammed, a Syrian native and Islamic exile in London, said Assad's policy has been successful.
Hafez al-Assad was a Syrian politician who served as President of Syria from to American diplomats said Assad had difficulty staying focused and seemed tired during their meetings; he was seen as incapable of functioning for ...
Translations in context of "Assad's government" in English-Italian from Reverso Context: Diplomats said Assad's government's opposition to cross-border humanitarian access in areas controlled by rebels was over concerns that weapons could be smuggled more easily to opposition forces.
· In July 2011, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Assad had "lost legitimacy" as President. On 18 August 2011, Barack Obama issued a written statement that urged Assad to "step aside". In August, the cartoonist Ali Farzat, a critic of Assad's government, was attacked.
In July 2011, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Assad had "lost legitimacy" as President. On 18 August 2011, Barack Obama issued a written statement that urged Assad to "step aside". In August, the cartoonist Ali Farzat, a critic of Assad's government, was attacked.
American diplomats said Assad had difficulty staying focused and seemed tired during their meetings; he was seen as incapable of functioning for more than two hours a day. His spokesperson ignored the speculation, and Assad's official routine in was basically unchanged from the previous decade.
The biggest obstacle now is the Syrian funds frozen in Lebanese banks, said Assad, estimating them to amount to tens of billions of dollars. Syria's war has cost the country $1.2tn, the. Why now? This is actually the third attempt by the Syrian government to retake Idlib.
· What the Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman actually said was this: «We have never said Assad's staying in power is a principled aspect. We are saying that the change of regime in Syria could become a disaster not only on a local or even regional scale, but, with account for that problem with refugees that we have now, this could become a big black hole».
Click on photo to enlarge or download: Robin Wright,left,a Wilson Center scholar and ... Wright said Assad's forces have dropped 2,500 barrel bombs in the last 50 days alone After the death of Moammar Gadhafi,many in the international community hoped Landmark Radiohead album preserved at Library of Congress.